What is SSH tunneling?
SSH tunnel is an encrypted tunnel created through an SSH protocol connection. SSH tunnels may be used to tunnel unencrypted traffic over a network through an encrypted channel.In easy language,you can surf net without being monitored and even surf blocked sites too .If you are to curious to know more about SSH and SSH tunneling .please have look at my guest post on SSH from Here
View Blocked Websites By SSH Tunneling
Things required :-
1. Shell account - You can get free Shell accounts from Shellmix.com
2. PuTTy - To connect to the shell account
1. After creating a Shell account , Open putty which we downloaded earlier
2. Now in the "Host name or the Ip address" field enter Shellmix.com as shown
3. Now check the SSH radio button and enter port no as 22 as shown
4. Now open Tunnels in SSH options as shown
5. Now enter the source port as 8888 (you can use any port) ,check dynamic finally click open and login with your SSH account details ( shell account details )
6. Now we have to configure our web browser to use the SSH connection in my case its FireFox
7. Open Firefox and go to the "Tools" menu and then click "Options"
8. Now click the "Advanced" button, then click "Network" tab, and then click "Settings"
9. Now enter "local host" as the Socks Host and your port number, as "8888" into the Port field as shown
10. Now if you have done all the above steps correctly you will be able view the blocked websites you can also check your SSH tunnel by going to whatismyip.com .where you will see the ip address of the SSH server (shellmix.com) .
Note :- You can also use SSH Tunneling to do anonymous surfing
Please pass your comments for further doubts and clarifications