We use proxies in our day to day life to do various things mainly to view blocked websites in schools , collages and in offices we also use proxies to do anonymous surfing , There are different types of proxy servers but the most commonly used one is Web Proxy. So in this tutorial i will explain how you can Create your Own Personal Web Proxy Site in 5 easy Steps
What is a Web Proxy Server ?
A web proxy is a webserver (website) that allows you to surf the internet without exposing your IP address to the outside world, To use a WEBproxy server, you just have to visit the webproxy server address with your browser. There should be a form where you can enter the website you want to visit.
Disadvantages of a Public WebProxy
1. The biggest disadvantage is its browsing speed its too slow, this is because many people use the same proxy server
2. You might get lots of adds and pop-ups which can be irritating
3. Most of these free public proxies are run by hackers and spammers Who are looking to steal information. So the bottom line is you cant trust any public web proxy
Advantages of Using Your own Personal proxy
1. Good Browsing speed
2. You need not wory about security, because your running the proxy server
Create your Own Web Proxy Site in 5 easy Steps
Things You Need :
1. A Premium Web hosting account which includes PHP and curl / Free hosting accounts usually wont provide curl that's why i suggest you to use Premium hosting account or you can also setup a webserver at your home computer and host a proxy site at your Local Pc ,you can easily setup your own webserver by using xampp i have written a tutorial on that you can read the article from Here
2. VPN (optional ) - If you find it difficult to port forward (i use hamachi VPN )
1. First Download Proxy script Pack From Here
2. Now extract all the files from the Proxy script pack and upload them to your premium web hosting account for easy uploading, use an ftp client like (file zilla ), If your using xampp like me, Then just put all the files in htdocs folder as shown
4. For those using xampp first go to xampp folder, then navigate to php folder , Now open php.ini and search for curl, Now Uncomment the following line by removing the semicolon ";extension=php_curl.dll " as shown
5. Now restart xampp and enter localhost or 127.0.0.1 in your browser , You should now see your proxy site running , If your not getting it then redo all the steps !!
Now those setting up a proxy server at your home PC are Usually behind a router or modem, In order to access your proxy server from anywhere (like from your collages , offices ) you have to port forward your web server, Port forwarding can be a difficult job for beginners as an alternative you can use a VPN .when using a vpn theirs no need of port forwarding. I use Hamachi a free to use vpn to accomplish my goal
First Download and install Hamcahi, You will be provided with an ip address starting with 5.xxx..xxx.xxx
To use your proxy, Simply enter your hamachi ip address in your web browser and you,ll see your proxy site as shown
Hope you like this tutorial for further doubts and clarifications please pass your comments