- Runs on Windows, Linux/Unix, Mac OS X, ...
- Cracks LM and NTLM hashes.
- Free tables available for Windows XP and Vista.
- Brute-force module for simple passwords.
- Audit mode and CSV export.
- Real-time graphs to analyze the passwords.
- LiveCD available to simplify the cracking.
- Loads hashes from encrypted SAM recovered from a Windows partition, Vista included.
- Free and open source software (GPL).
Ophcrack is available in two versions (Vista Ophcrack and XP Ophcrack).You can download the latest version from the following link
In the following tutorial, I will explain how to create an All In One USB Ophcrack Flash Drive. which can be used to recover, reveal or crack both Windows XP and Windows Vista login passwords.
- First download the Ophcrack XP Live CD ISO form the above link
- Insert your USB Flash Drive
- Download and run Universal USB Installer, select OphCrack XP, and follow the onscreen instructions
- Create a folder named vista_free inside the tables folder on your USB Flash Drive
- Download and unzip the tables_vista_free. zip to the tables/vista_free folder on your USB Flash Drive
- Reboot your PC and set your system to boot from the USB device