Last week i bought a cellphone, LG Optimus Me P350 An android (2.2 froyo) Smart phone, I had difficulties in installing various apps so i had to root it , So today i thought of Sharing the various steps that i took to root the phone, Before i begin Let me first explain what exactly root is ? and why you should consider rooting your phone ?
Whats Is Rooting
Rooting your device means obtaining superuser rights and permissions to your Android's software. With these elevated user privileges, you gain the ability to load custom software (ROM’s), install custom themes, increase performance, increase battery life, and the ability to install software that would otherwise cost extra money . Rooting is essentially hacking your Android device. In the iPhone world, this would be the equivalent to Jail breaking your phone.
Benifits of Rooting a Phone
- Installing custom ROM's become so much easier
- Customizing your Software
- Install Custom Themes
- Increased Speed and Battery Life
- Allows to remove unwanted apps, that are otherwise un-removable
- Run scripts for performance and usability.
- Unlocking Additional Features
- Restoring and Backing up your Entire System
How To Root LG Optimus Me P350 Running Android 2.2 Froyo
Rooting LG Optimus Me p350 is very easy and straight forward, fallow the steps given below to root your phone
Please follow this guide at your own risk, The author will not be held responsible if your phone gets bricked, by following the process you are voiding your warranty and significant damage may be caused to your device.
Things You Need
EasyInstaller - To install .apk files (gingerbreak),You can install it from Android Market
Ginger Break - Exploit To Root your Phone, You can download it from Here
1. First Enable USB debugging in your phone by going to Settings -->Applications--> Development -->USB debugging
3. Now Open Easy installer and Select GingerBreak (file which you transferred in the previous step ) and hit on Install selected apps
4. After you install, Open Ginger break app and select Root device. Make sure that your SD card is mounted
Wait for a minute or Two, on successful exploitation the phone will reboot ,After rebooting browse the menu section, You will see a new app Super user as shown "which means you have rooted the phone"
Hope this Tutorial helped You, In my next post i will write about some of must have apps for a rooted Android phone. If you have doubts regarding this post, Let me know them via comments