What is Fire Sheep
Fire sheep is an extension developed by Eric Butler for the Firefox web browser. The extension uses a packet sniffer to intercept unencrypted cookies from certain websites (such as Facebook and Twitter) as the cookies are transmitted over networks, exploiting session hijacking vulnerabilities. It shows the discovered identities on a sidebar displayed in the browser, and allows the user to instantly take on the log-in credentials of the user by double-clicking on the victim's name
Hack Facebook / Twitter accounts using Fire Sheep
Thing we Need :
1. Firefox Browser
2. Fire sheep Firefox plugin
1. First Download and install Firefox browser and Fire sheep add on
2. Open Firefox , Now click the (1) view button then select (2) side bar finally click(3) fire sheep or simply press ( ctrl + shift +s ) to open fire sheep
3. Now you can see fire sheep has opened up in the side bar Now select your interface by
going to preferences as shown
4. Now click on start capture button and wait for a while ,
5. Now you can see different pre- authenticated sessions on the side bar select the session which you want .
6. Now you will be automatically logged in the victims account . You can use this tool to hack Facebook/Twitter accounts
Note :- This Hack works only when computers are in a LAN or WiFi
Hope you enjoyed this tutorial . In my next article we will look at some of the countermeasures that we can take against these kind of attacks .Till then have a nice time ........